I have been a member of Donegal Town Credit Union for over 6 years. I know that the Credit Union is genuinely looking after my best financial interests. I pay in as little or as much as I want to my savings and get excellent rates on loans and insurance. I highly recommend joining Donegal Town Credit Union
The Benefits of Membership
Why join Donegal Town Credit Union?
At Donegal Town Credit Union, we look at things differently and are dedicated to providing the local community with unique not-for profit financial services. We work solely for the benefit of our members, not stock markets. Decisions are made at local level, always with our members in mind. As a member you would be a shareholder of Donegal Credit Union, you have a vote and you can have your say.
Member savings provide the money to lend to other members of the community, the more savings you have, the more shares you gain. Everyone benefits from this system because surplus money generated is returned to our members as a dividend or a loan interest rebate. We continuously strive to provide enhanced services for members. Join us today and find out more about how we can help you make the most of your finances.
Easy Steps to Membership
- Call in to Donegal Town Credit Union, we are located at Millers Hill, just beside ALDI or contact us by phone or e-mail.
- Fill out a membership form and pay the small entrance fee, never more than €1.27 and only paid by over 16’s.
- Adults over 16 must keep a minimum of €10 in their account at all times.
- Start saving with us, each €1 that you save is equal to 1 share, you need a minimum of one to ten shares to be a member.
- Saving is so important to you and your future, start saving now and build up that nest egg. You are now a member, owner, shareholder and saver at Donegal Town Credit Union!
- Once you are a member, you can apply for a great value loan at low rates with flexible repayment options.
- As a member you will also have the power to vote and say how Donegal Town Credit Union is run, you are encouraged to join us at our AGM (Annual General Meeting). You will be notified of this on an annual basis.
- Photo ID – Driving Licence, Passport or ML10 form (which you can get from the Garda Station)
- Proof of Address – Recent Utility Bill or Bank Statement (less than 6 months old)
- Proof of PPS Number – Can be found on payslips, social welfare corresponence etc
- Birth Certificate or Passport
- Proof of Parent / Guardian Address – Recent Utility Bill or Bank Statement (less than 6 months old)
- Proof of child’s PPS Number